J.K. McKee of Messianic Apologetics reviews how within some of the current debates over polygamy raging within the Hebrew Roots movement, that Yeshua’s own perspective of marriage in Matthew 19:1-12 is being left decisively out.
Mark and Margaret Huey, and John McKee discuss some of the challenges and debates present in the Messianic community over ecclesiology, and how it is absolutely imperative that one have an Israel-centric reading of the Holy Scriptures.
Mark Huey of Outreach Israel Ministries delivers the following message, “Serving the Gospel,” as we each consider the role that we should be performing as an evangelist, representing the interests of the good news of salvation.
J.K. McKee of Messianic Apologetics goes through the study questions for Ch 6 in the Messianic Beginnings workbook:
1. What verses in the Torah does Peter quote from where the Lord says “you shall be holy for I am holy”? What is some of the context of “holiness,” knowing its Torah background?
2. What is the Hebrew term kashrut derived from?
3. What was the first commandment given to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden?
4. Describe what the forbidden fruit might have been like in light of the Hebrew word ta’avah.
5. Do you or do you not believe that there was an understanding of clean and unclean prior to the Noahdic Flood? Why or why not?
6. Do you think that the Tanach (Old Testament) meaning of “food” carries over into the Apostolic Scriptures (New Testament)? Why or why not?
7. List some of the land animals, marine creatures, and birds that people eat today which are considered unclean according to the Torah.
8. What is the interpretation of Peter’s vision of Acts 10, given by Peter himself?
9. What aspects of your diet do you think may have to change?
10. What do you think about those who defiantly oppose the dietary laws in light of Isaiah 66?
Mark Huey of Outreach Israel Ministries delivers the following message, “Measuring and Finding Faith,” as we reflect back on some of the false predictions associated with the End of the Age, and seek to find the Father’s will in the midst of it.
Mark Huey of Outreach Israel Ministries delivers the following message, “Cross Graining,” as we each consider the significant calling and opportunities the Lord has given us, to be a part of the Messianic experience in this hour.
Issues involving men and women in the Body of Messiah, are not too frequently discussed in today’s Messianic movement, unless they are from a relatively strict complementarian viewpoint. John McKee of Messianic Apologetics approaches the subject of men and women from an egalitarian perspective. In this episode, we respond to some of the feedback we have received throughout our Men and Women series, addressing: the issue of single and celibate men and women in today’s Messianic movement, and the difficulties they face in not being treated as the equals of married persons.